The Holt is a spacious three bedroom holiday home perched on the hillside above Church Stretton. It sleeps seven people (plus infants in cots, or Zbeds) in the bedrooms. There is also a double sofa bed in the living room for occasional use or for guests who find stairs difficult (there is a downstairs shower room for their use).
It has been designed to be suitable both for family holidays, and for a walking or cycling retreat.
The entire house has been overhauled and completely refitted in the last couple of years. In fact the only things which are not new are the original hardwood floors and the well-stocked mature gardens.
The accommodation comprises:
- Three kingsize bedrooms – One ensuite family room with an additional single bed and room for one or two cots. One twin room which converts to a superking. One additional kingsize bedroom.
- Additional bed quality sofa bed in the living room for extra guests or those for whom stairs are problematic.
- Three bathrooms – one ensuite shower room, one family bath/shower room, and one downstairs shower room.
- Brand new dining kitchen with French doors to large terrace overlooking the Mynd.
- Separate utility/boot room/drying room.
- Spacious living/dining room with large family dining table, gas fire, TV and DVD, opening on to the terrace.
- Fabulous large sun terrace with stunning views.
- Extensive mature gardens.
- Garage and car port for secure storage of bikes and other equipment.
- Ample drive with parking for all guests.
- The house has central heating for all year round comfort and a living flame gas fire in the living room for an instant warm hearth after a day’s walking.
- There is free Wi-Fi on site for guests.
For details please see the pages about bedrooms, living areas and facilities in the menu on the left.
If you are concerned about accessibility, please read our access statement here: access statement for The Holt
We may sometimes accept well-behaved dogs by arrangement, please enquire.